Security that makes the invisible visible
Meet the Inpixon Security Dome
With nearly everyone now carrying a mobile device and the number of internet-connected “things” growing each minute, the security threats surrounding wireless devices are very real. After all, just about any of these devices can be used to photograph, record or transfer information such as confidential intellectual property.
Complete situational awareness of all devices within your premises is necessary to protect your customers and employees. Once the devices are discovered, you need a way to determine which are trusted so you can decide the appropriate action. With information of exactly what devices are operating within your location, you can not only set but successfully follow a policy of continuous monitoring and protection from mobile devices.
Inpixon Indoor Positioning Analytics (IPA) creates a security dome around your premises by detecting all mobile devices, alerting when an unknown device enters the area, precisely locating and continuously protecting your tracked assets, and all managed in one real-time security dashboard.
Detect known devices
Inpixon IPA detects all devices on the premises: cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. Unfortunately, if not all devices are being detected, there is a flaw in the security policy. While Wi-Fi protection is a good start, it is nowhere near the complete solution you need to fully secure your wireless environment. Due to the widespread rollout of high speed cellular networks, it is now possible for devices to access the Internet via their phone carrier and bypass Wi-Fi networks altogether. Although Bluetooth is often overlooked in device searches, the transmission of information happens rapidly between the small and easily concealable devices with no need for a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
Wi-Fi Only solutions versus Inpixon IPA
Locate detected devices
With Inpixon’s patented technology, the accuracy of device location is sub-room level – nearly 10 times the precision of other proximity/locationing systems. With Inpixon, both known and unknown devices can be detected, located and tracked across areas as large as a high-rise campus and pinpointed to an area the size of an office cubicle.
- Automatic self-calibration
- Location accurate to sub-room
Prevent untrusted devices
With the ability to detect devices, it’s important to differentiate between the known or trusted devices and those which are unfamiliar and untrusted. Inpixon IPA provides full scope real time location and identification of all mobile devices–cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth–from a single security dashboard. The security dashboard allows devices to be tagged as trusted and can define specific zones for various security policies. If an untrusted device enters the premises or any device enters a “wireless free” zone, a rule-based alert can be triggered and the appropriate action can be taken.
Inpixon IPA provides continuous protection
In addition to current security practices, Inpixon IPA provides an additional layer of asset protection. By combining device management or integrating with a mobile device manager (MDM), Inpixon IPA can disable certain features of a device such as camera or recording functionalities when entering a secure zone. Now you can trust the known device even when in an area of heightened security.
Benefits and Features
Inpixon IPA Benefits
- Improve both physical and cyber security with total situational awareness of all cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth devices in an area
- Distinguish between known and rogue devices
- Receive real time alerting to enforce “no phone / no device” zones
- Prevent security breaches and IP loss from devices that bypass traditional data security controls
- Augment traditional security policies with location-based controls
Inpixon IPA Features
- Detect, locate, and monitor all cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth assets, equipment and personnel devices on a live floor plan in real time
- Provide location accuracy down to sub-room level
- Alert in real time via security dashboard
- Color-code “known” vs. “unknown” devices for easy identification
- Connect to 3rd party systems, create zone-based security, document access policies, augment existing safety and security systems
- Rewind and play back events with DVR function for security forensics
- Provide detailed insights into usage, flow, relationships, and more between personnel, assets, and visitors with Inpixon analytics
Features in Detail
Full Cellular, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth device detection and monitoring
With Inpixon, you know where all the mobile devices in your location are, not just a selected few.
- Supports 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi, cellular networks and Bluetooth
Zone-based device control, real time monitoring and alerting
Inpixon’s monitoring dashboard gives you a single, unified heads up display of the mobile devices operating in your organization. For registered devices, Inpixon can automatically adapt the security and application policy active on the device based on the current location and user privileges. With dynamic location-based policies, some zones are restriction-free while other zones are locked down. Moreover, unknown or “rogue” devices operating in monitored zones are color coded for identification with a quick glance as real time alerting provides immediate notice of the rogue device entering a secured zone.
- One-console view of detected devices, unified view of wireless environment, real time intrusion alerts
- Includes forensics, network planning and optimization tools
- Start and stop times of all device events (voice calls, emails, SMS)
- Transmit frequencies and cellular protocol types for cellular devices
DVR Playback for Forensics
Rewind to any period in time and playback events as they happened. Perfect for replaying events following an event for investigations and training.
MDM and security tools to meet all your needs
As a mobile device security platform, Inpixon also offers connectors that allow it to integrate with mobile device management, application management, network security and policy administration systems from leading firms such as AirWatch, Appthority, Blackberry (Good EMM), FireTide, HPE’s ArcSight, IBM’s MaaS360, McAfee/Intel Security, MobileIron, and many others. Connected to the Inpixon platform, these 3rd party tools are enhanced with the ability to dynamically set and change security policies and manage devices based on location or device.
- Adds location-based controls to major MDM, MAM, EMM, and policy management systems
- Integrates with video surveillance, identity management, and physical access control information
- Identifies MAC addresses, SSIDs, and association states of 802.11 WLAN devices