Inpixon offers a collaborative and fast paced environment where your ideas and work will shape the future of the wireless space. Our company provides rich positional information like GPS and data intelligence for the indoors. We are looking for someone to envision the product from the ground up. Everything from defining product requirements, concept, wireframes, feature sets to product launch. Are you that someone who has the passion and can propel us into the future?!
Location: Dallas, Ft. Worth Area / San Francisco Bay Area / North America
As Director of Product Management, you will build and guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This position will involve interaction with management teams of other complementary products that will interface with your product lines. You will be responsible for productizing the current hardware product ideas and help produce a multi-tiered hardware and software platform starting with custom designed hardware extending to middleware, contextualized UI’s and extend to cloud analytics.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company including Senior Management and be the conduit of information between Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Research and Corporate teams. You will work with an engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing communications to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, occasionally working with the sales channel and key customers.
The Director of Product Management’s key role is strategic, not tactical. You must enjoy spending time breaking down complex problems and design innovative solutions for the company.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities including production management of the company’s various hardware platforms
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers
- Drive interactions with internal and external stakeholders to execute on vision
- Ability to write clear market-driven product requirements
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning
- Develop functional specifications from high level requirements
- Work with other stakeholders to generate marketing collateral
- Define KPIs to realize the ROI of the collected data to our customers
- Must have a creative eye to design concept art from hardware to reporting dashboard and everything in between
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- 10+ years of product development / software marketing
- Knowledgeable in technology
- Experience in Agile software development
- Exposure to location technologies like GPS, GPRS
- Experience in product launch and product marketing
- Awareness of, or experience with The Pragmatic Marketing Framework a strong plus
- Fundamental understanding of Engineering and contract manufacturing
- Knowledge of hardware design and prototyping with the use of concept drawing tool skills
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or work experience a strong plus.
Inpixon (NASDAQ: INPX) is a leader in Indoor Positioning and Data Analytics. Inpixon sensors are designed to find all accessible cellular, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth devices anonymously. Paired with a high performance, data analytics platform this technology delivers visibility, security, and business intelligence on any commercial or government premises world-wide. Inpixon’s products, infrastructure solutions, and professional services group help customers take advantage of mobile, big data, analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT) to uncover the untold stories of the indoors. For the latest insight on Indoor Positioning and Data Analytics, follow Inpixon on LinkedIn and @_Inpixon on Twitter.
We value our employees’ time and effort. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary (commensurate on experience). We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Industry competitive benefits
Ready to Join us? Please submit a resume and cover letter.