Company’s patented locationing system unites diverse hospital asset, equipment and staff tracking technologies together in a single management platform
HIMSS 16 Conference, LAS VEGAS – Sysorex (NASDAQ: SYRX) today announced the debut of AirPatrol for Healthcare, a unified Real Time Location System (uRTLS) that brings multiple asset, staff and equipment tracking technologies into a single, vendor-neutral administrative platform. With AirPatrol for Healthcare, hospitals can simultaneously locate and monitor assets and people equipped with three of the most popular wireless location technologies — Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and cellular — with sub-room level location accuracy from one dashboard. The system also provides features such as zone-based alerts, DVR-like event playback, and the ability to interact with other healthcare information systems like asset managers, electronic medical records, and human resources.
“Hospitals have an incredible number of assets, equipment and people to track, so RTLS adoption in healthcare has really surged in the past decade,” said Nadir Ali, CEO of Sysorex. “Unfortunately, because each of the wireless technologies used in location systems has its strengths and weaknesses, many healthcare facilities find themselves in the position of either choosing one that only solves part of the problem, or multiple, often incompatible, systems that can compound management headaches. With AirPatrol uRTLS, we want to eliminate the need to make those kind of trade-offs,” Ali said.
AirPatrol for Healthcare uRTLS features include:
- Unified locationing of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and cellular-enabled assets (medical equipment, ID tags, mobile phones, computers and tablets, etc.) from a single system
- Real time device location and continuous monitoring on actual building floorplans
- Precision location accuracy down to the sub-room level
- Color-coding to easily distinguish between “known” assets/staff members versus visitors, guests and other “unknown” things
- Enforce security and safety zones with real time alerting when specific assets/people leave or enter
- Vendor and hardware neutral: Works with all Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and/or cellular-enabled devices
- DVR-like functionality to rewind and playback activity based on specific times, events, etc.
- Can be integrated with 3rd party systems to provide additional functionality such as zone-based document access, asset management, staff balancing, dynamic security policies and protocols, etc.
- Optional ZoneIQ analytics can provide advanced reporting and analysis based on traffic flow, asset-to-asset and asset-to-staff relationships, asset utilization, predictive maintenance, building occupancy, facilities usage, and more
Sysorex will be demonstrating AirPatrol for Healthcare in the Intelligent Health Pavilion #11655 of the HIMSS 16 Healthcare IT conference in Las Vegas, Nevada March 1 through 3, 2016. The product is available immediately.
Sysorex (NASDAQ: SYRX) helps you derive real time value by combining data from both the digital and physical worlds. With an innovative approach to big data, analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT), we blend virtual data from software and networks with the huge volume of physical data generated by mobile devices and Internet-connected things to open new worlds of insight. Our unique solutions are helping organizations worldwide improve decision making, increase productivity, and fuel the discoveries of tomorrow. Headquartered in Palo Alto, California, we have regional offices in North America, South America, Europe and the Middle East. Visit https://Sysorex.com, follow us @SysorexGlobal and Link up on LinkedIn.
Safe Harbor Statement
All statements in this release that are not based on historical fact are “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and the provisions of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. While management has based any forward-looking statements included in this release on its current expectations, the information on which such expectations were based may change. These forward-looking statements rely on a number of assumptions concerning future events and are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties and other factors, many of which are outside of the control of Sysorex and its subsidiaries, which could cause actual results to materially differ from such statements. Such risks, uncertainties, and other factors include, but are not limited to, the fluctuation of global economic conditions, the performance of management and employees, the company’s ability to obtain financing, competition, general economic conditions and other factors that are detailed in the company’s periodic and current reports available for review at www.sec.gov. Furthermore, we operate in a highly competitive and rapidly changing environment where new and unanticipated risks may arise. Accordingly, investors should not place any reliance on forward-looking statements as a prediction of actual results. We disclaim any intention to, and undertake no obligation to, update or revise forward-looking statements.
A. Sage Osterfeld +1 (760) 707-0459
Scott Arnold, +1 (516) 222-2560